1. Omega 3 fatty acid supplementation, 2.5g/day (2500 mg) - best to have a DHA:EPA ratio of 2:1
2. Vitamin Considerations
- Vitamin C for collagen
- Bioflavonoids and Quercetin for inflammation
- Protein for collagen tissue repair
- B complex (especially B1 = thiamine and B12) for inflammation and nerve health
3. Mineral Considerations
- Calcium: caseinate, chelate, gluconate, lactate, sulfate
- Vitamin D
- Zinc and Manganese for tendon & ligament strength and healing (also for collagen)
*GREENS are a good source of minerals - Chlorella, Spirulina, Broccoli, Kale, Beets...
4. Foods for Eat
- Eat 5-9 servings of fresh fruit & vegetables per day - broccoli is one of the best vegetables available.
- Meats - lean sources of chicken, fish, beef
- Plant-based proteins: Chlorella & Spirulina (complete proteins), quinoa, lentils, black beans, chick peas, almonds, chia seeds, brussel sprouts, spinach
5. Foods to Avoid/Minimize
- Coffee, tea, colas (especially "sugar-free") & alcohol
- Chocolate, sugar, white flour
- Chemicals, processed meats, grease, fried foods, salt
- Excitotoxins - GLUTAMATE, ASPARTAME, CYSTEINE -
- These food additives have been found to increase the ease of pain reproduction in humans
- Found in foods containing MSG, Nutri-sweet, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, texturized protein, yeast extract & gelatin
6. Decrease citrus fruits & juices, especially orange juice; the acidity may cause increased joint pain.
7. Ice 20 minutes 1-4 times per day.
8. Breathing exercises: in through the nose for 7 seconds, hold for 8 seconds, out through the mouth for 4 seconds. Do this 4 times in a row, 4 times a day.
9. Increase aerobic activity to tolerance with daily walking.