YOUR health is based on 4 important principles and everything we do in our
practice is based on these principles:
- Your body is a self-healing organism
It is designed to heal itself! Regeneration of cells is constantly occurring in your body.
A few examples:
- You get a new liver every month – all the cells in your liver die and are replaced 24 days.
- Every 4 months all your red blood cells are wiped out and you get a new set.
- Your stomach lining is replaced every 5 days.
- New taste buds take the place of old one every 11 days.
With this short list of examples, we want to emphasize that your body is in a constant state of change and repair. In order to do this, it follows a very exact program. Through the examination and adjustment, Dr. Matt can find the reasons why your body is not following the program and get you back on track.
- Your Nervous System is the 'thing' that runs this program
It is like a computer central command center that runs you. As long as your nervous system is able to communicate effectively with every organ, tissue and cell, you should have the very best health you have every had in your life. We call this normal.
- Order in the body is disrupted when there is interference with the function of your nervous system
Interference to the Nervous System is caused by Vertebral Subluxation Complex. This affects how the Nervous System relates to the cells and organs to which it travels, and thus can lead to a loss of vitality and health.
There are 5 parts to the Vertebral Subluxation Complex (commonly known as “Subluxation”). Given enough time, all 5 parts may exist.
1. Loss of normal position (alignment) of the vertebrae leads to restricted movement.
2. Abnormal positioning may lead to shortened muscle tissue with decreased strength and flexibility, and also lead to scar tissue
3. Continued pressure on the nerve due to the subluxation may lead to numbness and tingling in the area in which the nerve travels.
4. Swelling or inflammation may develop in the disc, joints, or surrounding tissue.
5. “Degenerative Joint Disease (‘DJD’ or ‘osteoarthritis’) may occur in the affected area leading to the development of bone spurs” (Chiropractic Wellness Magazine).
Subluxation does not allow your body to do what it is designed and programmed to do; therefore, a variety of symptoms and functional issues can occur.
- Law and order can be restored!
The job of the chiropractor is to detect and correct these Vertebral Subluxation Complexes through a chiropractic adjustment. The purpose of the adjustment is to free the joints that are not moving properly, which then will promote the healing process by minimizing nerve interference, allowing the body to heal itself as it was designed.